AMENDED FEBRUARY 9, 2012
MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Jane Parker, Chair
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2012 – 1:30 P.M.
24580 Silver Cloud Court, Board Room, 3rd Floor, Monterey, California
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. ELECTION OF 2012 BOARD CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
5. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate.
6. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
7. REPORT FROM THE AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
8. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the December 21, 2011 Board of Directors Meeting
9. Accept and File Budget to Actual Report for the Seven Months Ending January 31, 2012
10. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10
11. Accept and File District Activity Report for the Months of November and December 2011
12. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for the Months of December 2011 and January 2012
13. Approve Out-of-State Travel Request for APCO to Attend NACAA Board of Directors and Committee Chairs 2012 Winter
14. Adopt a Resolution Approving Fiscal Year 2011-12 Budget Revisions in the Amount of $66,700 per Attached Schedule A
15. Approve an Extension Request by the City of Monterey for AB2766 Grant 10-11
16. Approve Request by the City of Monterey for an Amendment to the $25,000.00 AB2766 Grant 11-13: Hwy. 1/Hwy. 68
17. Consider a Resolution Approving Proposed Revisions to the Mutual Settlement Protocol
18. Receive an Informational Report on San Lorenzo Valley Issues
19. Receive an Informational Report on Initiation of Rule 438 Online Permitting
20. Receive an Informational Report on the Status of CEQA Greenhouse Gas Threshold Development
21. Receive a Report on Behalf of the Advisory Committee Chairperson on the February 2, 2012 Advisory Committee Meeting
22. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9, the Board will meet in closed session to discuss one matter of pending litigation: MBUAPCD v. Beck et at., Superior Court Case No. M112049.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957, the Board will provide a performance evaluation for the Air Pollution Control Officer.
c. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6, the Board will meet with its designated representative, Richard Stedman, regarding labor negotiations: Employee Organization – SEIU Local 521.