MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Jerry Muenzer, Chair
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2012 – 1:30 P.M.
24580 Silver Cloud Court, Board Room, 3rd Floor, Monterey, California
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate.
5. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
6. REPORT FROM THE AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
CONSENT AGENDA – The Consent Agenda consists of items considered routine and/or noncontroversial. One motion will cover all items on the Consent Agenda and authorize the recommended actions. Board Members, staff or member of the audience may request an item or items be pulled for further discussion at which time the Board may determine to consider that item separately from the Consent Agenda.
7. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the June 20, 2012 Board of Directors Meeting
8. Accept and File Budget to Actual Report for Twelve Months Ending June 30, 2012
9. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10 Air Monitoring
10. Accept and File District Activity Report for the Months of May and June 2012
11. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for Months of June and July 2012
13. Approve Amendment of District’s Conflict of Interest Code (Code) and Direct Staff to Submit Revised Code to the Fair Political Practices
14. Receive the FY13 AB2766 Applicant Summary and Staff Recommendations
15. Consider Adoption of a Resolution Approving Revisions to District Rule 400 (Visible Emissions) and Accept Advisory Committee’s Motion for
16. Consider Adoption of a Resolution Approving Proposed Revisions to District Rule 426 (Architectural Coatings) and Accept Advisory
17. Receive an Informational Report on 2012 Wood Stove Change-Out Program
18. Receive an Informational Report on San Lorenzo Valley Smoke Management and Provide Direction to Staff
19. Receive an Oral Report on Behalf of the Advisory Committee Chairperson on the August 2, 2012 Advisory Committee Meeting
20. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957, the Board will provide a performance evaluation for the Air Pollution Control Officer.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9 (a) the Board will confer with legal counsel regarding one matter of existing litigation:
Next Regular Scheduled Meeting: September 19, 2012
This meeting is open to the public and all interested persons are welcome to attend. MBUAPCD does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities and meetings are held in accessible facilities. To request an accommodation or alternative format under the Americans with Disabilities Act for meetings, events or printed materials, please call (831) 647-9411 or fax a request to (831) 647-8501, at least three business days ahead of time.