AMENDED DECEMBER 17, 2012
MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Jerry Muenzer, Chair
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. RECOGNITION OF DISTRICT STAFF LONGEVITY MILESTONES
5. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate. Copies of materials must number no less than twelve (12) and given to the Clerk for distribution.
6. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
7. REPORTS BY COMMITTE CHAIRS ON COMMITTEE MEETINGS
8. REPORT FROM AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
9. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the November 28, 2012 Board of Directors Meeting
10. Accept and File Budget to Actual Report for Five Months Ending November 30, 2012
11. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10 Air Monitoring
12. Accept and File District Activity Report for the Month of October 2012
13. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for Month of November 2012
14. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Air Pollution Control Officer to Apply for Funding, Accept Funding and Administer the Carl Moyer
15. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Air Pollution Control Officer to Enter Into an Agreement with the Bay Area Air Quality Management District
16. Receive Financial Statements and Independent Audit Report for the Year Ended June 30, 2012 from Hayashi & Wayland
17. Consider Approval of a New Management Position, Job Description, and Pay Range For the Position of Engineering and Compliance Manager
18. Receive an Informational Report on Crematories Affected by the Hot Spots Program and Provide Direction to Staff
19. Receive an Informational Report on San Lorenzo Valley Smoke Management and Provide Direction to Staff
20. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6, the Board will confer with its labor negotiator in closed session regarding meet and confer issues.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9 (b), the Board will meet in closed session with the General Counsel to discuss one matter of significant exposure to litigation.
NO MEETING SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 2013
This meeting is open to the public and all interested persons are welcome to attend. MBUAPCD does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities and meetings are held in accessible facilities. To request an accommodation or alternative format under the Americans with Disabilities Act for meetings, events or printed materials, please call (831) 647-9411 or fax a request to (831) 647-8501.