MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Jerry Muenzer, Chair
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. WELCOME NEW MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
5. ELECT DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2013 BOARD CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR PER RECOMMENDATIONS OF DISTRICT BUDGET/PERSONNEL/
6. PRESENTATION by Monterey County District Attorney to the Monterey Bay Unified Air Pollution Control District of a Settlement Award for Assistance on Asbestos Enforcement Case Prosecuted by the Monterey County Consumer and Environmental Protection Unit and the Environmental Protection Unit of the Santa Cruz County District Attorney’s Office
7. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate. Copies of materials must number no less than twelve (12) and given to the Clerk for distribution.
8. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
9. REPORTS BY COMMITTE CHAIRS ON COMMITTEE MEETINGS
10. REPORT FROM AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
11. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the December 19, 2012 Board of Directors Meeting
12. Accept and File Budget to Actual Report for Seven Months Ending January 31, 2013
13. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10 Air Monitoring
14. Accept and File District Activity Report for Months of November and December 2012
15. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for Months of December 2012 and January 2013
16. Approve Out-of-State Travel Request for APCO to Attend NACAA Board of Directors and Committee Chairs 2013 Winter Meeting in
17. Appoint Members of the Board of Directors to District Budget/Personnel/ Nominating Committee (Committee) to Replace Outgoing
18. Consider Adoption of a Resolution Approving Fiscal Year 2012-13 Budget Revisions per Attached Schedule A
19. Receive an Informational Report on the Status of Developing Greenhouse Gas Emissions Thresholds for Evaluating Projects Under
20. Receive an Informational Report on Crematories Affected by the Hot Spots Program and Provide Direction to Staff
21. Receive an Informational Report on San Lorenzo Valley Smoke Management and Provide Direction to Staff
22. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957, the Board will provide a performance evaluation for the Air Pollution Control Officer.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6, the Board will confer with its labor negotiator in closed session regarding meet and confer issues.
NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING IS MARCH 20, 2013
This meeting is open to the public and all interested persons are welcome to attend. MBUAPCD does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities and meetings are held in accessible facilities. To request an accommodation or alternative format under the Americans with Disabilities Act for meetings, events or printed materials, please call (831) 647-9411 or fax a request to (831) 647-8501.