MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
NEAL COONERTY, CHAIR
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20, 2013 – 1:30 P.M.
24580 Silver Cloud Court, Board Room, 3rd Floor, Monterey, California
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. WELCOME NEW MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
5. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate. Copies of materials must number no less than twelve (12) and given to the Clerk for distribution.
6. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
7. REPORTS BY COMMITTE CHAIRS ON COMMITTEE MEETINGS
8. REPORT FROM AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
9. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the February 20, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting
10. Accept and File Budget to Actual Report for Eight Months Ending February 28, 2013
11. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10 Air
12. Accept and File District Activity Report for Month of January 2013
13. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for Month of February 2013
14. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Monterey Bay Unified Air Pollution Control District (District) Air Pollution Control Officer (APCO) to
15. Approve Appointment of Members From the District’s Board of Directors to the Hearing Board Nominating Committee Per Recommendation
16. Consider Adopting a Resolution Authorizing the FY 2013-2014 AB 2766 Motor Vehicle Emission Reduction Grant Program
17. Receive an Informational Report on Crematories Affected by the Hot Spots Program and Provide Direction to Staff
18. Receive an Informational Report on San Lorenzo Valley Smoke Management and Provide Direction to Staff
19. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957, the Board will provide a performance evaluation for the Air Pollution Control Officer.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6, the Board will confer with its labor negotiator in closed session regarding meet and confer issues.
NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING IS APRIL 17, 2013
This meeting is open to the public and all interested persons are welcome to attend. MBUAPCD does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities and meetings are held in accessible facilities. To request an accommodation or alternative format under the Americans with Disabilities Act for meetings, events or printed materials, please call (831) 647-9411 or fax a request to (831) 647-8501.