MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
NEAL COONERTY, CHAIR
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2013 – 1:30 P.M.
24580 Silver Cloud Court, Board Room, 3rd Floor, Monterey, California
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. WELCOME NEW MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
5. PRESENTATION OF CITY OF MONTEREY CLEAN AIR MONTH PROCLAMATION TO DISTRICT BY VICE MAYOR NANCY SELFRIDGE
6. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate. Copies of materials must number no less than twelve (12) and given to the Clerk for distribution.
7. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
8. REPORTS BY COMMITTE CHAIRS ON COMMITTEE MEETINGS
9. REPORT FROM AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
10. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the March 20, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting
12. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10
13. Accept and File District Activity Report for Month of February 2013
14. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for Month of March 2013
15. Accept and File Engineering Division Activity Report for the Month of February 2013
16. Approve an Amendment Request by AMBAG for AB2766 Grant 13-23, Bicycle Component to the Regional Travel Demand Model – Phase 2
17. Approve Out-of-State Travel Request for Air Pollution Control Officer (APCO) to Attend National Association of Clean Air Agencies’
18. Approve Board Members’ Appointments to District Advisory Committee
19. Adopt a Resolution Designating the Month of May 2013 as Clean Air Month for the Monterey Bay Unified Air Pollution Control District
20. Receive Report and Provide Direction to Staff Regarding Prefunding Options for the District’s Other Post Employment Benefits Liability
21. Consider Adoption of a Resolution Approving the 2012 Triennial Plan Revision to the 2008 Air Quality Management Plan
22. Receive an Informational Report on Crematories Affected by the Hot Spots Program and Provide Direction to Staff
23. Receive an Informational Report on San Lorenzo Valley Smoke Management and Provide Direction to Staff
24. Receive Draft Classification and Compensation Study by Koff and Associates
25. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957, the Board will provide a performance evaluation for the Air Pollution Control Officer.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6, the Board will confer with its labor negotiator in closed session regarding meet and confer issues.
NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING IS MAY 15, 2013