MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
NEAL COONERTY, CHAIR
WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2013 – 1:30 P.M.
24580 Silver Cloud Court, Board Room, 3rd Floor, Monterey, California
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. PRESENTATION OF 2014 CALENDAR ART CONTEST WINNERS BY MEMBERS OF BOARD
5. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate. Copies of materials must number no less than twelve (12) and given to the Clerk for distribution.
6. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
7. REPORTS BY COMMITTE CHAIRS ON COMMITTEE MEETINGS
8. REPORT FROM AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
9. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the April 17, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting
10. Accept and File Budget to Actual Report for Ten Months Ending April 30, 2013
11. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10
12. Accept and File District Activity Report for Month of March 2013
13. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for Month of April 2013
14. Accept and File Engineering Division Activity Report for the Month of March 2013
15. Adopt a Resolution Establishing the Public Agency Retirement Services (PARS) Public Agencies Post-Retirement Health Care
16. Receive Final Classification and Compensation Study by Koff and Associates
17. Hold a First Public Hearing on Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2013-14 and Provide Direction to Staff
18. Receive an Oral Informational Report on Crematories Affected by the Hot Spots Program and Provide Direction to Staff
19. Receive an Informational Report on San Lorenzo Valley Smoke Management and Provide Direction to Staff
20. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957, the Board will provide a performance evaluation for the Air Pollution Control Officer.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6, the Board will confer with its labor negotiator in closed session regarding meet and confer issues.
NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING IS JUNE 19, 2013
This meeting is open to the public and all interested persons are welcome to attend. MBUAPCD does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities and meetings are held in accessible facilities. To request an accommodation or alternative format under the Americans with Disabilities Act for meetings, events or printed materials, please call (831) 647-9411 or fax a request to (831) 647-8501.