AMENDED AUGUST 16, 2013
MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
NEAL COONERTY, CHAIR
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21, 2013 – 1:30 P.M.
24580 Silver Cloud Court, Board Room, 3rd Floor, Monterey, California
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
• SPECIAL PRESENTATION BY SAN LORENZO VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS CONNOR LYNDON AND NATALIE GALLAGHER ON A METEOROLOGICAL STUDY TO SUPPORT AIR QUALITY IN SAN LORENZO VALLEY
4. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate. Copies of materials must number no less than twelve (12) and given to the Clerk for distribution.
5. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
6. REPORTS BY COMMITTE CHAIRS ON COMMITTEE MEETINGS
7. REPORT FROM AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
8. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the June 19, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting
9. Accept and File Budget to Actual Report for the Year Ended June 30, 2013
10. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10 Air
11. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10 Air
12. Accept and File Compliance Division Activity Report for Months of May and June 2013
13. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for Months of June and July 2013
14. Accept and File Engineering Division Activity Report for the Months of May and June 2013
15. Adopt a Resolution Approving a Fiscal Year 2013-14 School Bus Fund Budget Revision in the Amount of $140,000
16. Approve Out-of-State Travel Request for Air Pollution Control Officer (APCO) to Attend National Association of Clean Air Agencies’ (NACAA)
17. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Air Pollution Control Officer to Enter into an Agreement with Matrix Consulting Group for a
18. Adopt a Resolution Approving a Fiscal Year 2013-14 Budget Revision in the Amount of $30,689 From Disencumbered Prior Years’
19. Receive a Report on the FY14 AB2766 Applicant Summary With Staff Recommendations
20. Receive a Report and Provide Direction on Agency Rebranding
21. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6, the Board will confer with its labor negotiator in closed session regarding meet and confer issues.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9 (b), the Board will meet in closed session with the General Counsel to discuss one matter of significant exposure to litigation.
NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING IS SEPTEMBER 18, 2013
This meeting is open to the public and all interested persons are welcome to attend. MBUAPCD does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities and meetings are held in accessible facilities. To request an accommodation or alternative format under the Americans with Disabilities Act for meetings, events or printed materials, please call (831) 647-9411 or fax a request to (831) 647-8501.