MONTEREY BAY UNIFIED AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
NEAL COONERTY, CHAIR
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2013 – 1:30 P.M.
24580 Silver Cloud Court, Board Room, 3rd Floor, Monterey, California
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
• PRESENTATION BY HARTNELL COLLEGE STUDENTS REGARDING AIR QUALITY PHONE APPLICATION
4. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD – Any person may address the Board during Public Comment Period. Comments must be addressed directly to the Board, should not exceed three minutes, must be directed to an item not on today’s agenda, and should be within the jurisdiction of the Board. Board Members will not take action or respond to any public comments presented, but may choose to follow up at a time, either individually or on a subsequent agenda. Comments to staff must be made through the Board only who will then direct staff as it deems appropriate. Copies of materials must number no less than twelve (12) and given to the Clerk for distribution.
5. COMMENTS AND REFERRALS FROM CHAIR AND BOARD MEMBERS
6. REPORTS BY COMMITTE CHAIRS ON COMMITTEE MEETINGS
7. REPORT FROM AIR POLLUTION CONTROL OFFICER
8. Accept and File Summary of Actions for the September 18, 2013 Board of Directors Meeting
9. Accept and File Budget to Actual Report for Three Months Ended September 30, 2013
10. Accept and File Report on Daily Eight-Hour Peak Ozone Concentrations, Hourly Peak Ozone Concentrations, PM2.5 and PM10 Air Monitoring
11. Accept and File Compliance Division Activity Report for Month of August 2013
12. Accept and File Report of Summary of Mutual Settlement Program Actions for Month of September 2013
13. Accept and File Engineering Division Activity Report for the Month of August 2013
14. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Air Pollution Control Officer (APCO) to Enter Into a Professional Services Agreement, for an Amount
15. Consider Adopting a Resolution Approving an Update to the Carl Moyer Program Policies and Procedures Manual
16. Receive an Oral Presentation on San Lorenzo Valley Volunteer Wood Stove Curtailment Strategy
17. The Board will meet in Closed Session pursuant to Government Code section 54950, relating to the following item(s):
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6, the Board will confer with its labor negotiator in closed session regarding meet and confer issues.
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9 (a) the Board will meet in closed session to discuss one matter of pending litigation: Helping Hand Tools, et al. v. San Diego Air Pollution Control District, et al., Court of Appeal Case no. D063313.
NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING IS NOVEMBER 20, 2013
This meeting is open to the public and all interested persons are welcome to attend. MBUAPCD does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities and meetings are held in accessible facilities. To request an accommodation or alternative format under the Americans with Disabilities Act for meetings, events or printed materials, please call (831) 647-9411 or fax a request to (831) 647-8501.